Saturday, April 22, 2017 at Wooton Park on Lake Dora in Downtown Tavares.
The event features an air show, classic cars on Main Street with dee-jay music, vendors and an estimated 40 barbecue teams competing in a Florida Barbecue Association sanctioned event.
• A classic car show along with dee jay provided music will be held on Main Street from 10:00am to 3:00pm
• A professional four act Air Show lasting approximately one hour will be held over Lake Dora at Wooton Park at 11:00am and 3:00pm.
• A Florida Barbeque Sanctioned Event begins Friday evening with the teams cooking throughout the night. Teams submit meat entries in the following categories: Chicken, Ribs, Pork, and Brisket. Florida Barbecue Association Certified Judges will rate each entry based on appearance, taste and tenderness. Meat turn ins are on the hour from 10:00am to 1:00pm. An awards ceremony for the team will be held at 5:00pm.
• Mouth watering barbecue and other food items will be offered for sale from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
• “People’s Choice” Contest will allow event attendees to sample a variety of BBQ samples from competition cook teams. People’s Choice tickets will be limited!
Schedule of Events:
10 a.m. – Splash Park Opens and Planes Trains and BBQ Festival Open to Public
11 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Food vendors
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Classic Car Show & DJ on Main Street
11 a.m. – Air Show
3 p.m. – Second Air Show
5 p.m. – Sanctioned BBQ Awards Ceremony
For more information visit